Sunday, February 6, 2022

Money and the chase.

I know "Money and the Chase" is an odd sounding title, but it's where I am right now.

I had a phone interview in the middle of last week, on a cold and icy day.  Seemed to go very well.  Company is a major local player here and was a major vendor at my last job.  I know them and their products very well so that's a bonus.  The HR person seemed pleased so now I'm waiting for the hiring manager to decide who to interview.
 
Indeed says another company I applied at has looked at my resumé now and that job has now been open nearly two months--MRO buyers in supply chain are far and few between.  Another company sent me a nice email that a candidate had been chosen--in this day in age an email like that is really nice.
 
All the positions are pretty similar, pay is very close, and benefits are basically the same.  At minimum potential pay my needs will met...so long as I don't try any lavish unplanned lifestyle changes.  At max potential pay things have a bit more flex.  I'll have a little time to bank some cash before soon to be ex (STBE) cuts out--pretty much every penny of  that is allocated already.
 
You'll still see my occasional commercial, please donate, etc in my twitter feed and here.  I don't see how without crowdfunding I will get the shop up and running like I want.  So basically the hustle continues but now with less overall time to do it in.

Speaking of hustle, the copper roses are in my Etsy shop, but I may have to cut the price to get rid of them or just let them collect dust and slowly give them away.

Money
It can buy experiences
But it can't buy happiness
It can't buy homegrown tomatoes
But it can buy you the stuff to grow them
It can buy you a house
But it can't buy you a home
It can buy comforts
But it can't ease anxiety
It can buy you sex
But it can't buy you love
It doesn't grow on trees
Yet is made from them
It can buy you heat
But it can't bring you warmth
 
With age comes wisdom
With wisdom I have learned the more money you have,
the more money you need.

--Maura
 
Donate/support Maura via:
My Site
Patreon
Go Fund Me
Red Bubble
Etsy

Find me at:
Twitter
My site
Ordinary-Times

Look for my logo to know it is genuine Alwyen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

5-7-2024

  Its been a bit so a personal set of updates, a bit of venting, and answering some questions I get asked regularly. How am I doing? This qu...