Saturday, February 18, 2023

Nightshade free chili

So I have a odd allergy, I can't have capsaicin as I break out in hives.  Capsaicin is found in most Nightshades (tomatoes, bell peppers, chili peppers, eggplant, etc) so chili is a pain in the everywhere!  Except now.
1 28 oz can of beef (I use Keystone)
1 15 oz can of kidney beans rinsed first--most are packed with sugar or corn-syrup for some reason
1 15 oz can of navy beans
1 15 oz can of black beans
1 medium onion sort of quartered
5 tsp Better than Bullion soup base
2 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp ground garlic
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 c red wine
Separate the beef watching for gristle and large chunks of fat.  Save the liquid!
Heat the liquid from the beef, dissolve in the beef base.
Add beef, rinsed kidney beans, entire contents of the other beans, onion, spices, and wine to slow cooker, add the now beef stock.  Mix together.
Cook on low 5 or 6 hours, stir sometimes.
That's it!
In the words of my mentor "Bon appétit"

No comments:

Post a Comment

5-7-2024

  Its been a bit so a personal set of updates, a bit of venting, and answering some questions I get asked regularly. How am I doing? This qu...