Let's open up with the house beyond the stump and past my flower bed boundary line is the one I call "dilapidated". Recently the city tagged it with a blaze orange sticker as "uninhabitable no entry without code enforcement!" This is a double edge win for me. On one side the investment company that owns it pretty much can't sell it as "rent to own." $3k down and $750 a month 🤣 for something that needs $12k in roof repairs, it has no kitchen, no bathroom, and is not fully attached to its swimming pool...I mean basement, and has a $1k lean against it by the city for unpaid water bills. This portion is a win to me. Now the downside is it hurts my property value...of coarse that means my property tax kind of freezes too so is it a hurt or a win? 🤔
I took a job offer that is work from home to keep the bills paid, but it was a massive pay cut though. I have a second interview with another place soon and it will potentially be a 20% increase over the last job with a much more limited scope. Still management still in my field of expertise, but limited to just managing unit turns. Along with an increase comes no more on calls but may have an occasional weekend if there is a push--I can handle those. Further updates, I now have another place wanting to talk to me! I may have options!
I have been working on a historical based fantasy--sorry it is massive so a book not here when done--and of course what I call The Gian Chronicles (Think Admiral Simineaux) more of late. These two amongst other writings has me diving down military history rabbit holes lately...Roman, Mongolians on the Eurasian Steppes, World Wars, Korea, Vietnam, Medieval, all kinds of rabbit holes, but the one common thread is: paying attention to the obscure details like Lister bags, munitions, rations, what did a soldier carry in or out of combat, the details we lose in history class but ultimately makes or breaks a military in action.
Maura out
No comments:
Post a Comment