Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Maura's cream cheese icing

Let's start with I cannot eat sugar as my body doesn't know what to do with it.  So regular icing is just out of the question.  Over the years I have played around until I have created a substitute.  Note like most all of my cooking I post this is NOT low calorie or low fat.

2  8oz packs of cream cheese
1/2 to 1 c of powdered stevia this varies depending on your taste
1 t extract (I tend to use Almond but use what you like)
Optional spices such as cinnamon, cloves, ginger, etc
1 to 2 T heavy cream

Put cheese in microwave and soften it (my microwave is 1200 watt so 45 seconds)
Put cream cheese in mixer bowl
Add everything else
Beat half speed to avoid stevia covering everything just long enoug to moisten.
Crank that mixer! Bring it up to "frosting" and keep scraping the sides of the bowl for a couple minutes.

That's it!
Yes the cream is vital! Otherwise the topping does not stay soft!
This also makes an excellent spread for bagels, muffins etc.
Fruit or jelly can by mixed in as well if you blend it sort of smooth first.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New kitchen tool take 1

So I've gotten several new tools for the kitchen recently and this one just this last week.  I am trying to get back to more scratch coo...