Saturday, October 30, 2021

Shop and funding update

The week has been spent burning brush from the big brush pile.  The task needs done desperately partly because there is more yet to clear--hopefully over this Winter--the big bonus is I have been able to slip some of the burnable junk from the old building into the burns each day.

Current state of clearing (check video for original state)
 

I managed to route 100 Holiday lights over the rafters so I now have a semi-dim party atmosphere in the building--the camera really brightens the scene up on its own--how does that go? "Gives us the nice bright colors, gives us the greens of summer..." (Kodachrome by Paul Simon)  The big upsides here is they are bright enough, water resistant--they're meant for outdoor after all--and, for the old incandescents, cheap--which means I didn't have to spend any of the donated monies yet.

Speaking of donated money at this point funding is holding at $325.00 or 2.7% of what I need to actually get the shop up and started.  This accounts for construction wood, new roof from the walls up, insulation, wood stove so it has heat, interior drywall, and wiring.  it also accounts for a large roll off dumpster and a skid steer loader to haul off what I can not burn or put in the normal trash collection.  I have a huge advantage in being able to do this work myself which is why I can do it so cost effectively.

At this point my biggest concerns are getting enough money up to get going, and getting the YouTube channel up and profitable before the inevitable move out of my spouse comes to pass.  YouTube requires 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of total view time across a channel before they will share ad revenue with a creator.  I have no sponsors yet for the same reason.  At the time of writing this I have 8 subscribers and 2.3 hours of view time.

The testing of the new intro and outtro clips seems well accepted and I will be incorporating the suggestions into the next set.  I'm trying to get the videos set for a Friday release but time is an issue since I have to film them, edit them, splice them, tie it all up, and upload, all on my own.

So for now that should bring things up to date.  Don't forget to hit the subscribe button both here and on my channel.

Donations can be made at https//:www.MauraAlwyen.com/help-support-maura

Thank you,

Maura

No comments:

Post a Comment

New kitchen tool take 1

So I've gotten several new tools for the kitchen recently and this one just this last week.  I am trying to get back to more scratch coo...