Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy 2022!

Happy New Year!

Let's look at some accomplishments and issues from over the last year:

I have 75% of my yard cleared of brush and most all of that has been burned.

I have gone from not being able to enter the abandoned building out back to able to walk around in one section of it.

I discovered I cannot use the building as my shop because the sill plates are rotting from ground contact.

Divorce is agreed to be legal within the next year and ironically we get along as friends better now.

A promise my spouse made years ago is being upheld and they are buying me a portable shed to use as a shop.  Not exactly what I'd hoped for in a shop but I could be shop-less, so...

The pile of boxes in the corner of the living room is continuing to grow as the spouse packs their things to move.

I established my YouTube presence and am getting more comfortable in front of the camera--though I need more practice keeping the camera angles right.

My YouTube channel is growing as are view numbers.

I set this blog into motion and though the numbers are small readership is holding steady.

I was confident enough to upload an actual selfie for my twitter and YouTube profiles--believe me that is BIG.

I became a contributor to Ordinary-Times Magazine as well


What's coming my way?

With demoing the old building a kings ransom in 1x4's to 1x12's gets to be salvaged along with loads 2x4's.

All that lumber equals some good workbench material and furniture!

The new building will give me a nice amount of actual Maura the Maker video material from converting it from basic utility shed to maker space.  It is actually slightly lager at 280sqft than most famous YouTube makers have such as Colin Furz's shed (his is 5m x 3.5m or 16.4 ft x 11.48 ft or 188 sqft) and he can turn out some really amazing things so with any luck I'll be able to as well.

The reclaimed lumber will also allow me to finish the fascia boards on the house from last years roof project--yes I know they should have been done already but have you priced 1x8 lumber lately!

As mentioned in a previous post I may have two books coming out this coming year!  Once my current head cold clears up I will be turning Space Trucker into an audio book and getting it up for sale as well.

As noted many times before at this time everything I make on donations, art sales, writing, all goes towards getting the shop up and running.  Once it is going then all money goes towards my daily bills.

There is other good news coming over the next year but sadly I am not in a position where I can disclose anything further, but trust me some of it is BIG!

For now your all caught up and hopefully all sober.  May the new year find us all in better places mentally, physically, and spiritually.

Blessed be y'all,

Maura


Donate/support Maura via:
My site https://www.mauraalwyen.com/help-support-maura
Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=65718033&fan_landing=true
Go Fund Me https://gofund.me/db6020de
Red Bubble RedBubble.com/people/MauraAlwyen

Find me at:
Twitter.com/mauraalwyen
Mauraalwyen.com
mauraalwyen.blogspot.com
Ordinary-Times.com/author/maura-alwyen/

Look for my logo to know it is genuine Alwyen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

5-7-2024

  Its been a bit so a personal set of updates, a bit of venting, and answering some questions I get asked regularly. How am I doing? This qu...