Saturday, January 8, 2022

So what are the plans for 2022

This is a slightly awkward post for me as I've always laid out plans and ended up flying by the seat of my pants anyways.  Maybe having goals in print will help?

Goal 1: Remove the old guest house.
 
If you're new to my blog, or my twitter stream I have an old guest house behind my house; for the last (almost) three years it has been an ongoing issue, and a back and forth of use it for a shop, or scrap it.  Well, it has to be scrapped--more details are in this previous post.
 
Now as mentioned before in that previous post the guest house still has a lot of potentially good lumber in it.  That wood will be "rescued" and stacked aside for later use.  What can't be salvaged will be burnt to cut down on the cost of roll off dumpsters.
 
As you are reading this I am most likely ferrying the few things stored inside the guest house to various locations to get them out of the way.  Once under way the dismembering will be videoed and added to the channel once or maybe twice a week.
 
Goal 2: The New Shop
 
So far it looks as though the new shop will come as a premade building.
 
Upsides:
I don't need construction permits and I don't have to freeze my butt off building it.
I can do all the wiring and record it for the channel.
We will have a complete series on wiring from the weather head, to the meter can (box your meter is mounted in), and all the way through the breaker box, and on out to the outlets and lights.
From wiring we will progress to insulation.
Then drywall
Paint
And whatever I use for floor covering.
Workbench construction--from mostly reclaimed lumber
Building a better table for the table saw--again from mostly reclaimed lumber
Loading it with tools
 
Downside:
None of this is possible if I do not get the Go Fund Me to actually fund me.  (If you can please share the link at the bottom everywhere you can.  I need eyeballs to make this goal and get this to work.)
 
Goal 3: A New Bed
 
Why?
My bed is older than my youngest child (27 quickly coming up on 28!)
The mattress has seen better days.
The frame squeaks and pops.
The headboard was a hand me down from the mid 70s, and does not actually fit the frame very well.
 
How will I achieve this?
I'll have a woodwork shop.
I'll have a large stack of lumber.
So why not build a very sturdy bed?
In this endeavor I have already been sketching it out.
 


Goal 4: A Dining Table
 
I will be making do with a patio table and chairs until I get this made.  Again, I'll have the woodwork shop and a stack of lumber so why not?
 

Goal 5: Living Room Furniture
 
Let's face facts, I won't have any and I'd like somewhere to sit other than at the dining table.  So a Sofa, a pair of chairs, end tables, coffee table(?still considering this one)
Sorry no sketch of living room furniture yet.
 
Goal 6: Be Smaller
 
Be thinner for me.  Based on the last time I was on the scale I have about 30 pounds (13.6 Kg) to drop--this was worked out between me and my doctor so not a random number.  Now I know this is doable as at one time I was 287 pounds!

Goal 7: Fascia

This is the one thing left undone from replacing the roof and hopefully I'll have enough one by's to tie this up.  The soffit will be continuously vented vinal that has to go in after the fascia is in place.

There's a few other things I could add but nothing major.

Now the roses!
Want to see one being made?  Click here!



The ten copper roses are complete!  Serial numbers 0421 through 1321 are now available--last two digits are the year I made them, leading digits are the sequence they were finished in.

As you can see there is color variation from rose to rose as well as petal variation, they are each hand made, and soldered individually.  The solder is a nickle/silver solder commonly used in Air Conditioning repair and installation, it is obviously highly durable and why I chose it.
Each rose is packaged like this and ready to ship.

If you were to zoom in on any of the roses you will see a grayish spot in the center of each rose head, this is the silver bearing solder.

The pins on the back are adhered with a cyanoacrylate adhesive (Super Glue) and in the event one were to come loose can easily be reattached--just don't glue your fingers to it.

Pins are put through a heavy paper backer to secure rose during shipping.

 

So how do you snag one of these beauties?  Any donation to my building fund over $150!  Now you can donate via any method on my Help Support Maura page, or via my Go Fund Me now here's the fine print:

First make the donation

Screen shot the donation

Contact me via my Contact Email on my website's contact page.

Attach the screen shot!  I have no other way to verify if it was you buying if you do not attach the unredacted screen shot.  I will not share your information.

Include a ship to address and a ship to name.  If I have no name I will have to assume the name that shows on the screen shot is who I am shipping to.  I also have to know if it is a business address as the shipping agent asks.

Once the money has cleared I will ship the rose--roses will be sent based on which one I grab so there is no rhyme or reason as to which one you will receive.
 
I am creating a origin certificate to go with each rose and will be shipped with each unit.
 
Roses will be insured at a $200.00 U.S. value. 

One rose per donation.
 
International recipients please note you will be liable for any VAT, import duties, and or other taxes on a suggested retail value of $200.00 U.S. and I will need to bill for shipping charges over $10.00 U.S.

This is a limited time offer and is valid from 00:00 Central U.S. time January 8, 2022 until 23:59 January 16, 2022.  After that, remaining stock will be put on Etsy at $175.00 U.S. plus shipping, tax, etc.
 
Current stock on hand 10 units (This will be updated as they are claimed)
 
May the odds be ever in your favor!
 
Maura

Donate/support Maura via:
My site https://www.mauraalwyen.com/help-support-maura
Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=65718033&fan_landing=true
Go Fund Me https://gofund.me/db6020de
Red Bubble RedBubble.com/people/MauraAlwyen

Find me at:
Twitter.com/mauraalwyen
Mauraalwyen.com
mauraalwyen.blogspot.com
ordinary-times.com/author/maura-alwyen/

Look for my logo to know it is genuine Alwyen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

5-7-2024

  Its been a bit so a personal set of updates, a bit of venting, and answering some questions I get asked regularly. How am I doing? This qu...