Sunday, April 23, 2023

Upcoming news sort of a non-announcement

I made a decision Saturday (4-22-2023) that as Donald Trump would say is HUGE.  It seriously would be easier with her help as she has a better grasp on several aspects of this than I do, but I'm on my own now.  It puts me back where I want to be & that is in content creation, but I can't actually release the content for at least several months due to some issues I am tying up here though--for the curious, finalizing divorce from Once Wife, finalizing my name change, possibly setting up an LLC, & wiping my tweet history so tweets from the beginning of time can't come back.  Having a name everyone knows me by & a legal name creates a lot of hurdles when it comes to the banking system & creates massive privacy issues as the legal name becomes a liability to me--yes the legal one is the liability as it ties my past to my present & future, via relatives that are less than savory & no longer welcome in my life.

In the meantime, I will be focusing on content creation & getting some of the kinks with that worked out...like creating on a schedule every weekend.  What will I be creating?
  • Remodeling projects on the house & rebuilding the old guest house into a shop to start.
  • From there furniture building, rewiring the house--current breaker box was recalled 40+ years ago.
  • Remodeling the main bathroom--a bearing wall needs moved, vanity needs built, the 1969 model pink tub needs replaced, adding washer & drier hook-ups.
  • Making the new kitchen which means removing a wall, building cabinets, building the countertop on site, etc.
  • Also building an outdoor kitchen.
  • Probably a second channel that will be "Cooking with Maura" as well.
Basically several years of "do it by myself" content as I put my 53 years of life experience to use--I learned from my dad & was his helper since I could hold a flashlight.   For the most part I will be using common tools that come from big box stores & low cost importers, basically the common person's tools.  I like to make what I need/want.. It will also find me working on me--weight loss, make-up skills, permanent hair removal, etc.  It'll also find me learning the finer graces of tracking business expenses, tax software, & so on as I won't have to file it all yet but will need to be ready too...then again I may be filing losses at first...yeah, a lot to learn--Once Wife was the business major not me.

If things go according to plan (insert maniacal laughter here) I might be able to start releasing video late September or October.  Could be as early as late August or as late as January 1st, but a lot is riding on the legal system here & the issues are six to eight weeks each & can't be done concurrently to my knowledge.

Am I being a bit cryptic?  Sort of.  I don't want to say too much yet & I'm not entirely sure if this will be just a supplemental income or a replacement income.  I know at first it will definitely be supplemental, & allow me to get things paid off as well as buy some equipment--tools, performance outfits, make-up, recording gear, etc--I need.  The big issue is that my two worlds--day job vs content creator job--will be at risk of collision & could force me to choose between them before I am fully ready if my creator job gets outed--I'm not worried about my employer, but my crew could become an issue.

I'll also need to bank some cash because we all know that self employed means you are really at the whims of the economy.

The upsides though mean I can create & remodel on my schedule, I will have more availability to spend time with my grand-daughter, over all less stress in my life, potentially a much higher income stream, & the funds to move somewhere without such cold winters...all in due time but the point is there are possibilities that I don't currently have.

Stay tuned, things will be announced as I can.

Maura out

*Updated 4-24-2023 to add what I will be creating as I was asked by a follower on twitter.  My reaction was "well duh, that would be a good thing to have mentioned" 🙄
Maura

No comments:

Post a Comment

5-7-2024

  Its been a bit so a personal set of updates, a bit of venting, and answering some questions I get asked regularly. How am I doing? This qu...