Sunday, July 30, 2023

7-30-2023

Work has been busy and with the added excessive heat advisories it has been a bit brutal as well.  Temps here have hit heat index values of or close to 120F consistently this last week and I've been out in it during the hottest parts several days.

I picked up Buttercup (my grand-daughter for  those who are new here) from where she is in town visiting my oldest on my way home Friday so the weekend has not been near as lonely.  Having her around has been a real boon to my depression clearing a bit too--okay, at this point I think we all know I don't do well alone.  On the Buttercup note I have introduced her to Xyla Foxlin videos on YouTube so she has a unrelated to her pretty woman who is smart to watch.  I have also learned she is basically a carnivore.  Hot dogs for dinner?  No bread just ranch to dip them in.  She asked for a hamburger, she eats them on the Gen-X all purpose bun...aka sandwich bread, eat with it?  Pickles...well they are made of cucumbers so I'll count them as a vegetable.  She has never really liked bread in any form, never been a big potato person either, upside she probably has the healthiest diet in the family.

A couple weeks back I realized I was dipping into my cooking wine a bit hard so no more wine for me for a good long while.  My dad was an alcoholic as was his dad and I need not keep the cycle going.

I passed the interview for inclusion into Marquis Who's Who for the 2023 edition!  They actually came to me and as I was told in the interview it meant I was already vetted!  I understand this is better than a verified badge on social media so we shall see where this leads now 😊

Victim 18 should be in print and Kindle by mid August and to say I am excited to finally see it complete is an understatement.  I only wish Wren's doppelganger was still around in my life as she had been for many years.

Due to a typo I have created a new term!
Respinse: (Verb) When a person answers a question by spining it and never actually answering the question.

Well typos and all this is Wednesday and needs to get out days ago.  Catch y'all a bit later 😊

Maura Out

No comments:

Post a Comment

5-7-2024

  Its been a bit so a personal set of updates, a bit of venting, and answering some questions I get asked regularly. How am I doing? This qu...