Wednesday, June 12, 2024

6-12-2024

 So it has been just over a month since my last update.  On the day my last post went live I succumbed to salmonella poisoning.  Some dumb-ass that lives in my house–I live alone–made chicken salad for lunch on May 6th with mayonnaise that had been in the fridge a bit too long.  I have spent most of the last month dealing with cleared, relapse, dehydration, antibiotics, relapse, stronger antibiotics, and getting my gut back in order.  I lost 23 pounds according to the doctor’s scale at round one of antibiotics–I have put a couple back but that is probably water weight.  The upside is I have lost two inches in the waist, and am now sixteen pounds from goal weight.  I am also 91 pounds down from my heaviest weight 31 years ago.  Once Wife went with me to the doctor and told Doc “I’ve known her 37 years and have never seen her this sick.”  Seriously I have not been sick like that since I was a kid and now I really wonder how many times I was food poisoned as a kid?

Another upside from the sudden weight loss is I did something wild and bought a two piece swimsuit.  I’m a level 54 Human and this is my first two piece.  Am I a stunning bikini model?  No.  Am I comfortable enough to roam around my backyard?  Yes.  Did I post pics?  A few on my Instagram and one on my tiktok–no frontal pics as I am not that thin yet.


Sunrise 5:00 am Sunday June 9, 2024 from the dining room window

My son made it through brain surgery with flying colors!  He says the mental fog is gone, and he feels much better.  The tumor was causing false seizures and those seem to be gone as well.  He came back from surgery and as they wheeled him into the recovery room he looked straight at me “I’m really high”--That’s my boy.


Once Wife stayed in Buttercup’s room for three weeks.  She worked remotely from the back bedroom so she could be here to take my son to follow up appointments, and so he could recover here away from his cats–he has two and sadly they share one brain cell between them…I’m not kidding even he says they are crazy and the brain cell description is his not mine.  I took her back to her place last Saturday--two years to the day that her stuff moved out of my house--and I am catching up on housework now.

During her stay I have been reminded a few times why she is no longer my wife.  She has more care about things she does not have than caring about the marriage that fell apart–she checked out long before I did.  Either she is not the same person I married, or I see her much differently now–maybe both?


I have been too sick to work on any writing or video, so everything just slammed to a stop for May.  I know now that when I get to working on my video channels that my first thought of having six to eight weeks of videos ahead is the way to go so things stay seamless and unstopping.  I was afraid I’d feel lonely with Once Wife gone again, but I just dropped back into my routine and if anything I may be in a better place mentally than before I got sick.


X or twitter has been flagging some of my stuff as “sensitive” and I was in twitmo for 24 hours recently.  I assume this is happening to several of my followers lately as my follower count has been going up and down by five to ten for about a month now.  I do have other social media accounts and all can be found on my website www.mauraalwyen.com in the footer of every page.  I cross post most of my stuff across all of them so if I go dark on X just check my other feeds.


Well for now that is about it and, we’ll see if I can keep this momentum going.

Maura Out

"It’s better to have nobody than someone who is half there, or who doesn’t want to be there."

--Angelina Jolie

I have now learned this quote twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

10-14-2024 Shop up dates

  Regular readers will know I have had an on again off again project with my shop.  Now in my defense the shop project is both overwhelming ...